The Thompson Center on Lourdes wants you to know that your health and safety are top of mind. We want to ensure that when you come to the Thompson Center on Lourdes you have a positive experience – whether for a program / activity in wellness, education or social. Due to COVID-19 and the population that we serve we will be suspending activities / programs for an undetermined time. This was a hard decision to make, but your health and safety are our highest priority.
We want you to be aware of the basic protective measures you can take related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. The World Health Organization (www.who.int) offers the following guidelines:
1. Stay home if you feel sick. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
2. Wash your hands frequently – for at least 20 seconds.
3. Avoid hugs and handshakes. Use alternate ways of greeting people. Avoid close contact.
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
5. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
6. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
7. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
8. Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
9. Stay informed.
Your health is important to us – you’re our family.